ARK Survival Ascendant
Official documentation for ARK DevKit for ASA is available here: https://devkit.studiowildcard.com/home
Mods in General
- List of available mods: https://www.curseforge.com/ark-survival-ascended
- Cross-platform testing: https://support.curseforge.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000232861…
Conversion (from ASE to ASA)
- Migrating mods from ASE to ASA: https://devkit.studiowildcard.com/getting-started/migrating-mods-from-a…
- Add mods to the server (via command line, automatically loaded) mods=927131,900062,908148,926956,912902,914844,916922
- Cooking mods via command line: "ARKDevkit\ModTools\Scripts\CookMod.bat"
ARK Survival Evolved
Create your own mods for ARK: Survival Evolved to share with other survivors! The Dev Kit for ARK is an optimized version of the Unreal Engine 4 editor, simplifying the creation and sharing process for ARK: Survival Evolved. Join a massive community of passionate mod authors to create new features, creatures, and maps to expand the world of ARK or completely tailor the game to your own vision. The Dev Kit for ARK includes ALL the content of the full game, so be prepared for a hefty download!!! Happy modding, everyone!
- Download: https://store.epicgames.com/de/p/ark--modkit
- Official Info from Wildcard: https://www.playark.com/workshop-staging/
- Unreal Forum: https://forums.unrealengine.com/tags/c/80/unreal-engine
- Workshops (Mods): https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/workshop/
Unreal Engine Version & Documentation
ARK uses Unreal Engine version 4.5, which has been heavily customized for ARK. Official documentation for Unreal Engine 4.5 is no longer available, only version 4.27 (https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/)
Getting Started (Shader + Performance)
- Official tutorial by ZenRow
- Tutorial: Starting out with the Ark Dev Kit by DeniseFee
- The Wookie
- Exillog (English)
- ARK Modding (English)
- ARK Development Kit Lessons by Brick
- ARK Dev Kit Tutorial by Taiko (German)
- Blueprint Tutorial https://romeroblueprints.blogspot.com/p/table-of-contents.html
- Network Tutorial https://cedric-neukirchen.net/docs/category/multiplayer-network-compend…
- ARK Modding Community https://discord.arkmodding.net/
- PC ARK/UA Modding https://discord.gg/znmCC5MJa2
Tips & Tricks
- Manually set Steam ID
Why no Plugins?
Wildcard itself says: The ARK Server API plugins work with a method of DLL injection, and while we don't say "No, don't do that" for unofficial servers, it should be noted that this carries risks, and we offer no support for this type of modification.